Friday, April 13, 2007

"Somebody to Love" - or The Heart as the Maple Tree

I had a dream about maple trees. I'm not making this up. This is what I dreamt:

There was a small rural city with little houses that were not planted like a grid, they were all different.
On the city streets there were maple trees and each tree had a little bucket into where they were dripping the sap. Each tree was cared by someone. People were carefully collecting the precious gift.

There also was a tree that no one was tending to. There was no bucket on this tree. The syrup was dripping on the ground and no one used it.

I knew the tree is bleeding trough the little pipe and his essence goes wasted on the ground but there was nothing I could do.
I was standing in front of it and didn't feel anything, we were just staring at each other. The tree knew I was standing there and yes, he could stare back.

He had much sap to give, but no one was there to collect it. He had no bucket.

I was just staying there watching. He was just staying there bleeding. 

No comments: